Friday, May 26, 2006

Dear Emerson Grace,

We'll start off formal, seeing as you are still in the belly and "Little Baby Wheelah" is all you've heard me call you....I just wanted to let you know that this is going to be a place where I write to you for my sake, so I remember all the things I need to remeber about the days when you were little. I know I'm going to be sleep deprived and all systems will be running at a lower level, so I better get it down on paper (in type??) before I forget it all.

It all started one crazy day in September...your daddy and I had been married for just a few months when you decided to set up camp in my tummy. We didn't know about you until October, that's the way cycles work as I'm sure you'll one day figure out. We were not activly planning for you to be in our lives yet, in fact we had decided to wait just a couple years until we were settled and on our feet, but you decided against that--and for that I will always love you. I think we are more ready for you than I ever thought possible. This pregnancy has been a time where I've grown to love you more than I thought I ever could, but more importantly I've gotten to know your daddy (who I've been with now for six years, can you believe that??) on a level I never even imagined. Why you ask is that more important? Well...more important only in the respect that you aren't here yet, so it is my top priority to get ready for you, and having a mommy and a daddy with such a strong connection I think is going to be something you thank me for someday--maybe not, but we'll see!!

We took classes to get ready for you, we even have official looking paperwork that says we completed these classes--we are ready for you. Just this morning you daddy was telling me that he was a little annoyed with you...you're making him wait, and while I get to experience all the wriggling and hiccuping you do he can only watch his wife get bigger and more uncomfortable. He also said that I better not hog you when you come out, but how am I going to stand by and watch him hold you when all I want to do is gobble you up? We'll have to arrange for some kind of in-home holding schedule, perhaps you can cry when you want him and do something really cute when you need me...we'll discuss the arrangements when you're here. We've watched you grow from the tiny little peanut who made me puke my guts out to this belly full of limbs and personality who we are just dying to meet.

One thing I need to thank you for...you've changed the one thing in my life that everyone has constantly tried to change...you made me love water. The reched substance that I had vowed to dislike my whole life (despite kidney stones and everyone telling me how important it was) you are the one person who has changed me for the better in this regard. I now drink...due to your demand, four whole bottles of Dasani a day...much to your daddy's dismay because he prefers Poland Springs--yuck! So I leave you on that note, little girl, you are wonderful already and I hope you know it! Can't wait to see you, and don't worry if 16 days seems like a long time to wait, you can come anytime now, we have everything all ready and waiting for you and your room is adorable!

Love you tons,
Your Mommy

No comments: