Tuesday, October 21, 2008

28 Months!

Dear Emmie-Lemmie,

It's three days past again (I started this about a week ago)...you now best that Mommy and Daddy are super busy lately! Just today you told me after being asked why you were so cranky, "Because I missed you mommy..." You're very wise for a two year old. I thought we were in trouble on our way to play group this morning and you were ornery about everything...you didn't want cereal for breakfast, you didn't want to wear what I picked out, you didn't want to get in the car...then I remembered you are two. You are learning about the world and the choices you have, you are testing me and I have to continually remind you about certain things...and there are other things where I just let you have your way. You love to wear your tutu, your tights, and talk about how you are going to ballet. You are such a girl. You have a floofy pink kitty carrier with food and brushes and things inside and it is over the top feathery and girly and you LOVE it. You also have a new obsession with everything kitty, kitty sheets, bean bag kitties...it happened when our friends brought their daughter over and she loved kitties...you had a touch of it but she sent you over the top.


This was also the month of your first BIG vacation! I wrote every day on that one, but you literally walked onto the cruise ship a little hesitant and shy and you left that big boat as social as the mayor. It seemed like everyone on the staff knew your name and made sure to greet you. You are a true girl--you say Goarl--and love to wear dresses all.the.time. This is foreign for Mommy because I was a jeans and a tee shirt kind of girl (still am) and people would call me a cute little boy all the time when I was a kid...not you! You love accessories as well and have mastered putting beads onto gymp and making bracelets, necklaces and everything for everyone. You LOVE LOVE LOVE to have your nails painted and you continue to talk about them long after the polish has worn off. One day you insisted that I paint my nails the same bright pink as yours.



You're definitely two and have some huge emotions that I think you have trouble dealing with. When you're frustrated you sometimes lay down on the floor and put your face in your hands and say things like, "It's not fair!" (What, are you 5?) or other times you just growl or sigh in exasperation. It's hard to think of what to say when emotions are taking over your little body so I just try to be patient with you (and not laugh at the drama) and we move on. You're the funniest little kid I know and you come up with things to make me laugh every day. You change words to songs, like, "Twinkle twinkle little whale," or "Our father whose heart is in heaven..." sometimes it is on purpose to make me laugh and other times it is genuine misspeaking from what you hear. You love love love to pose for pictures and actually come up with some names for the things you do--your tummy pose, your too cool pose, your silly pose, yoga pose...and if I really do want to take a picture of you you will often ask which pose I want.



I'm sorry your letters are so late but this summer has been so busy with play groups, vacations, photoshoots, and all of that that I feel like I'm just trying to constantly play catch up! At least I have you along for the ride, you make life so worth it, little lady!

Guess what?

I love you in the morning!!

Mommy

No comments: