Friday, September 10, 2010

Dear Chase (29 months),
Friday, September 10, 2010

_________________________________________

Hello Mister-Roo!

Man let's talk about that language explosion again because in all actuality I am now sometimes looking for an off switch with the constant chatter of two little kids! You do speak a but of Caveman - "Us do it, mama," but you clearly get your point across more often than not. It is nice to hear about all that is on your mind even if you are often thinking about your p3nis (I'm not going to write it out because I don't want people searching for that to find this blog!!). Yup...I said it and forgive me when you're older and this embarrasses you but you do think about it and talk about it often. You giggle about it and say funny things all the time--I think talking in conjunction with potty-learning = obsessed but maybe that is just the nature of a boy. And speaking of potty learning you're getting there...you do know when you have to pee and will ask to go outside...lol...I feel a bit like you're a dog and I have to let you out...but actually it is easier and less mess! Poop...I guess eventually that will come to and until we have it figured out I have to watch you like a hawk when you're in undies and I can rest easy when we put on a pull-up....you just don't get the concept of sitting down to poop and you know what, that will come! Mommy is being patient and you're learning...that's the best I can ask for!

Rainbow Swings

You're growing a lot (yay growth hormones) and actually grew out of a lot of clothes and your shoes...you've been the same size for a really long time so it this surprising to me! I even think it might be time to up the shoulder straps on your car seat. In addition to the hormone, though, you're also eating and sleeping a lot more than usual which I 'm sure helps. You handle the shot at night like a pro and once you even giggled that it tickled. Most night you might fuss for a minute and then be fine once it is done....mostly I think because you want to go play not stop and sit. So far so good!

Faces


Your love of all things with wheels continues but this month you have also branched out to loving Rockets and SPACE and you claim every day that you would like to go there! You even ate an ear of corn and then pretended it was a rocket blasting off! This also happened with a blade of grass. You're really just excited about anything blasting off. You still love cars and lately you will walk through a parking lot saying, "What's dat one, mama?" You're really good at recognizing VW's (especially the BUG!), the Prius, minivans, Honda's and Jeeps. It is insane how interested you are in them. There was a cute little sporty red convertible at the grocery store and you said to me, "Mama, we beep (your word for buy) that car?"

Little Brother


You're a little rough at times...hitting, biting, pulling hair, growling/screaming when people do what you don't want them to do...I can't wait for this phase to be over and I just offer other positive things for you to do constantly. "Please don't bite your sister, you can ask her if she wants to play or you can bit this toy over here." I feel like I am saying it all day long! You're also super sweet with laughs and giggles and you often want to hug and snuggle and give someone a gentle touch on their face. So again, working on lots of things at age 2!

BlackandWhite

Everyone you meet thinks you are adorable and smart and funny and they are often surprised that you are 2 because you're still a bit small....it is really cute to see such a little guy doing things that you would expect of a bigger guy. You're not at all cautious and Emmie tends to err on the side of caution so sometimes it catches me off guard that you're about to jump off a platform at the playground to slide down the pole...or you're pushing my hands off of you in the pool so that you can "swim" without me which tends to just lead to you dunking and me pulling you back up again. Overall you're just an amazing person to be around, you make me think on my toes, you make me smile, you make me laugh, you surprise me daily in all kinds of ways and I never knew I could love you and your sister as much as I do...and it feels like each morning we wake up I love you a little bit more!

Rocks
(I still love the pattern your hair grows in on the top!! Too bad you're totally throwing a rock in that picture and then you were sad when I asked you to find a ball to throw instead)

Love,

The mama

Bed

theball
(Emmie printed that "invitation" and you wanted it taped on your wall immediately!

BikeBed

No comments: