Monday, July 27, 2009

Dear Chase (16 months),
Monday, July 27, 2009

___________________________________________

Dear Chasey-Racey-Roo,

Hey little buddy, you are currently experiencing a delay in monthly letters because mommy and daddy are so.super.busy. Sorry about that! This has been one busy month for you...you're all over the place walking, climbing, running, laughing, smiling, signing, and coming up with a few words here or there amidst the grunts. You know exactly what you want and when you want it, but often the words get stuck and we understand the grunts. Thank GOD for Signing Time because thankfully Emmie knows a lot of signs, I know a lot, and slowly we're teaching you and you're learning some from the DVDs when you will sit for a few minutes. Today we were outside and I kept thinking you were signing milk and then you grunted, pointed to the sky, made a funny tweet noise and I realized that you were signing BIRD just without the fine motor skills to do only your pointer and thumb...thank you context!

cereal (by MommyKahdib)


So far you say: Mama, Dada, La-La or Na-Na (which is Emmie), hot, hat, more, ahhh-dah (all done....mostly said when you want to get out of the high chair but have hardly had anything to eat at all), uh-oh, I-DIDIT, hiiii....there's more I'm sure of it. You wave, you sign pig, duck, dog, you close your eyes and meow when you see a cat...I think we're at the point where we can stop keeping track of all the new things and just go forward with what you have and revel in everything new you learn! You are such a smiley, happy, independent kid now. When we're outside you're off exploring on your own and rarely come up to me and ask for a hand to help you out or a finger to pull so that I will follow you. You love the cozy coupe (although Mommy pushed you and your feet now touch the ground and scraped all the skin off of your toes...sooooo sorry!!!! ), the wagon, the trikes...really anything that you can ride on. You wiggle for me to push you higher in the swing and I swear you think you're ready to go down the big yellow slide on your own, but I'm not ready, not yet.

cell-toes (by MommyKahdib)

Untitled-1 (by MommyKahdib)

You're starting to eat more and more and more....sometimes...and other times all I can get into you for breakfast is one cherry. You just won't do anything that you don't want to do and you often have your mind made up...I think in general this is great!! But when I'm trying to fatten you up it gets frustrating! You love hotdogs (real healthy, I know), fruit, lots of veggies like broccoli, peas, carrots, etc and you also love things like pirate booty, crackers, and mac and cheese...I'm thinking you might have your dad's taste buds...unless it is something I am eating and then you don't care what it is, you want it.

faces (by MommyKahdib)


This month you experienced the beach for the first time. You are not a fan of sand on your toes, or cold water on you legs...although it makes you sign cold and run away! You beg to be picked up and carried the whole time we're there and that's really ok. I'm sure next year I'm going to wish you would just let me hold you the whole time we're at the beach when I'm chasing you everywhere! You also sent your first text. You were playing with my phone in the back seat when Daddy's phone beeped that it had a text. It was from my phone...which you had...you know what you said? "A." That was all. We were all laughing about it!

swing (by MommyKahdib)


Clapping (by MommyKahdib)


You love anything that has wheels...tractors, trucks, cars, trains. You see them in the strangest places and I know that you've seen one because you'll start saying broom broom broom over and over again....we have this book about colors and you kept pointing to this baby and saying broom. I was like, no silly, that is a baby....then I realized that the baby was was holding a tiny book with an even tinier picture of a car...silly mama!

eating (by MommyKahdib)


Currently your sister is sitting next to me mad that I won't let her play more computer games and you are quietly sitting in my lap looking at her wondering why on earth she could be so upset. I think we'll go and try to play something with her and cheer her up....you love playing with her and try to get her attention all the time. Sometimes you just don't understand why she is taking a toy from you or growling that she doesn't want to share...you just smile at her thinking that all is good in your world! She often wonders why you won't just hold her hand...I remind her that in time (when you trust that she is not going to yank you over) you will hold her hand...but for now you'll walk on your own. I can't wait to see what your relationship with her blossoms into!

medicine (by MommyKahdib)

We all love you to pieces!
Mommy

stairs (by MommyKahdib)

No comments: