Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dear Emerson (38 months),
Thursday, August 13, 2009

_______________________________________

Dear Emmie-Bemmie,

You learned a funny word today....rump. You said it by accident. Sometimes you say words thinking that you're making things up and I'll say, "Hey, that's a real word, want to know what it means?" So today it was rump. I told you it was another word for bum. You thought I said bump, so then you wanted to rump things...I told you you couldn't BUM something, but you said, "Watch me!" and bumped into some things....I then told you that I was saying BUM, like BUTT....and you giggled like a crazy person. I don't think you'll ever forget the word rump.

1000

You're such a fun kid. I mean, you're still three, you have meltdowns, you get tired, you whine here and there, but for the most part we have a ton of fun. Our newest game involves you laying on the floor. I put my head on your belly and pretend to sleep....and then you start to wiggle and worm all over the place and I say something like, "Oh, man, I'm never going to get to sleep on this wiggly boney pillow...." so I pick my head up and you say, "I'm not a pillow, I'm an EMMIE!" Chase joins in to and likes to sit in your tummy and pinch you and bounces on you to make you laugh. It's pretty funny...especially after bath time when you're both naked....someday I'll tease you both for that one!

1001


1003


I can't believe that in one month you are going to be a preschooler. You're excited, you understand that you go there and Mommy goes home....we'll see how that works in practice, but right now you really like talking about it at least. We went to a playgroup at school this week and you got to meet a lot of the new friends. You got into a cute conversation with one boy. You said, "I'm Emmie, you spell that E-M-M-I-E," and he said, "I'm William, you spell that W-I-L-L-I-A-M." You both then went off and played together for a few minutes. Maybe you and William will be friends at school since now you know how to spell each other's names...hehehe.

1004

You're a little candy obsessed. You often ask for your vitamins (which are gummy bears), lollipops (we had a bunch left over from your birthday), and chocolate even though we haven't had any in the house since Easter. We've had a few birthdays recently (including Grammie Doris turning 92) and you refuse to eat the cake, but will devour the frosting and the ice cream. I think if I did that I would be sick, but you gravitate towards it....you have some healthy loves, too, though. Cucumbers, beans, tomatoes (cherry ones), yellow peppers, and any and all fruit....oh, and yogurt, if there were only one food left on this planet and you got to choose it I bet it would be yogurt....or maybe ranch dressing, you actually like to eat the leftover dip with a spoon...blech!

1005
You've been talking a lot this month about having a new baby. You want a girl. You want to name her Elizabeth...I told you I would call her Libby, you were adament that we would ONLY call her Elizabeth. I explained that you can't really choose if you get a girl or a boy, so then you thought well maybe then we should just have two...or three. This morning you thought 4. I asked, "Do you mean four kids, or four babies at once?" You clarified, four babies at once....funny kid! I think when we do decide to have another kiddo (sometime in the next year or so before Chase is three?) you'll be way more excited than you were when Chase was born...you were just a baby yourself. You also REALLY want a pet. You'll go through the list, maybe a cat, a dog, a bunny, a guinea pig, a hamster....a fish...anything! Maybe we'll get fish soon. Daddy told you that bunnies poop everywhere but you very seriously told him that you would certainly keep your bunny in a cage so it would be ok. I keep telling you that maybe we'll get a dog when the youngest kid in our eventual family is 2....so that means if we have three kids that you'll be about 6....you're not too thrilled about this.


1006


1007


You LOVE driving with your window down and the radio blaring. Current favorite songs: School House Rocks: Adjectives, Guster: Parachute, anything Johnny Cash, The Hamster Dance, anything Hannah Montanna including Zipity Do Da and Hoe Down Throw Down...you also LOVE playing www.nickjr.com and often when Chase naps you play NickJr while I edit pictures. We sit next to each other and chat while you play and I get work done....I wonder if I am turning your brain to mush letting you play video games, but you love it and I get a lot done so for right now, it works.

1008


1009


Can't wait to see how we do with preschool, will it be you crying? Me? Both?

I love you to pieces!
Mommy

P.S. We took all of these pictures at the www.lensprotogo.com studio, it's one of your favorite places in the world to hang out....us too, kid, us too!

2 comments:

Doug said...

You write these in the most adorable voice...she's going to really treasure them when she's, you know, 25...but when she's 15 it's gonna be really emabarrassing that day when some boy from hs reads this!

Kate@MKDPhotography said...

Was it the naked wrestling with her brother that threw you over the edge? LOL. I stick to the facts!!