Friday, January 22, 2010

Dear Emerson (42+43 months)
Monday, January 18, 2010

__________________________________

Dear Lala (I'm going to miss this nickname since Chase has learned to say Emmie),

My apologies to you as well for being so late with this round of letters. Daddy laughs at me because our weddings really stopped at the end of October and I kept telling him that things would quiet down and we would have a boring winter...and then we had portrait sessions for the Holidays, album orders and deadlines, print order, and for you? Preschool, and playgroups, and outings to different fun places...and a week at Loon Mountain where you got to ski for your very first time. Life has been crazy, my dear, but you are loving the ride! You also have caught your fair share of colds and one random pukey bug where you threw up a whole cup of milk at Friendly's...you now vow never to have the icky milk at Friendly's again.

Emmie Sun (by MommyKahdib)

You and Chase are really finding a groove with playing together. You like to pick him up (by his head, really) and cart him around which often leads you to fall over him because, well, he weighs 23 lbs and you weigh 35 lbs so he's heavy for you. When you fall over you usually land on him and you two roll around and wrestle and laugh and then get up and do it all over again. You also really like to dance with him and also do ring around the rosie. Right now you're giving him rides on his firetruck and he is in heaven! You keep telling him it is all you can do and that you're done and then he fusses a bit at you and you relent and do some more...but now you've invited him to play animals with you and he obliged so you get a little break!

Emmie BW (by MommyKahdib)

You had your conference at preschool and you did very well with all of the funny little tests they do at preschool. Your teacher seems to really like you and says that you get alone well with your classmates. You seem to love preschool, too, and ask every night before bed if the next day is a preschool day....it used to be that you didn't want it to be. Now if I say it isn't you erupt with a big, "Awww....bummer!" You even asked why I never let you go to stay and play which is the after care program that "all the other kids get to go to, mom!!"
Cold Emmie (by MommyKahdib)

I think at Preschool you have learned to play...I mean, you always knew how to play, you just preferred that I play with you. Now you can engage in some pretty imaginative play all by yourself. You're currently playing with your animals by yourself (Chase got bored) and the mommies are looking for their babies because they need milk. The mama pig has 14 "milkies" and you wondered why you didn't have 14 babies...and then you took the one piglet we do and you told it it could have a different milky for each snack and that it would never be hungry!
Emmie Silly (by MommyKahdib)

You love to sing. You sing all of the basic kid songs like Old MacDonald, ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle, but you also sing some pretty cute songs from preschool like 5 Little Muffins in the Muffin Shop...and you sing along to a lot of our dance party songs on iTunes. You also just kind of sing all of your play. Like there is just a musical that is your life and your play and you're the lead. It's pretty cute. You love to dressup too, maybe playing the part? One day you were an elephant, a giraffe, a unicorn, Ariel, Cindarella and I'm sure something else all before breakfast. Speaking of, you wake up around 6:30am but I'm trying to teach you that you don't wake the mommy before 7am...I mean, that's fair, right? I give you my watch and you entertain yourself in my bed talking/singing to yourself and playing with some stuffies and then you proclaim that it is 7 and that it is time for me to stretch and get up...maybe I should start setting my watch later and later...I wonder what age you have to be to just go downstairs and play and let your mommy sleep in...maybe that never happens? Or maybe I just have to look forward to the teenage years where I am pulling you out of bed at noon...
Emmie Happy (by MommyKahdib)


I can't wait to experience 2010 with you....you never cease to amaze me with all that you learn and do in a year!
Love you to bits,
Mommy
Emmie Swingset (by MommyKahdib)

1 comment:

Kevin Bergin said...

One ponytail. She must be in heaven!