Friday, January 22, 2010

Dear Chase (20 and 21 months),
Monday, January 18, 2010

____________________________

Dear Chase,

Sorry again, this is late....like really really late and has two months combined into one. Such is life right now, better late than never...but better on time so I'll keep trying!

These last two months you are working a lot on talking and communicating. You're getting frustrated that we don't understand a lot of what you say, but you'll still trying. You're putting some fun sentences together like LaLa (Emmie....although we did just discover you can really say Emmie but prefer LaLa) sit, pop. Which means you want to sit with Emmie and have a pop. You say things like, "Mama, help!" or "Dada, no!" You also love M&M's....still...the obsession started on Halloween with your sucrose fang...and it has continued. If you see them you will demand them and if it is not time for an M&M you will throw yourself on the ground and cry. Let me tell you, the first time I saw that I really tried hard not to bust out laughing. I mean, the drama of it all was hysterical, but I had to keep it together and let you know that I was very sorry that you couldn't have them right then and there. The ground throwing happens every once in a while still....it's like the emotions are just so big they take you over and consume you. Don't get me wrong, though, they're few and far between and for the most part you are this little independent man that investigates everything. You don't have to be right with me like you sister, you go off and explore and check in with me here and there to make sure I'm watching/paying attention.

Chase Blink (by MommyKahdib)

Your sleeping is getting better...most nights we'll hear you call out or wimper but you're asleep by the time we get to you and you're up for the day at around 6am. That's far better than waking up 5 times a night...I would still prefer you slept from 7pm to 7am, but beggars can't be choosers, right? We're slowly getting you into your crib, too, I think the Amby is just getting to small and uncomfortable and squeaky with your body in there....although it is funny to watch you launch yourself into it in the day and thrown a leg down to get it bouncing. You bounce yourself in there in the night, too...which must be why you go back to sleep so easily when you're in it.

The last two months haven't been so fun...you and Emmie have both had three different colds. I was so excited that you first two didn't go straight to your lungs (one left you with a fever for about 5 days, eep!) but this past one did go to your lungs and they got pretty junky sounding and well, you wound up on your first antibiotic....which you hated and threw up all over me so they switched and you love the amoxocillin bubble gum stuff....and you are sounding a bit better. It was funny because at first you didn't trust that the pink medicine wasn't the same one that you hated...but by the end when you saw me getting it ready you would lay yourself down in my lap and suck it down and then ask for more. In the middle of that course of antibiotics, though, you got a stomach bug that was ridiculous....Emmie had it too and you both gave it to me...thanks.

Chase Snow (by MommyKahdib)

You're also hungry all of a sudden all.the.time. It's a good thing I'm sure, but I mean, I'll feed you, head to the library to get some books, and we get there and you are singing food and saying, "YUM, YUM," meaning, "Mom, I'm hungry, feed me..." I have to get better at bringing snacks everywhere for you....Emmie and I aren't constant snackers like you so I have to work on that. You're also going through this weird phase where you want me to feed you again. You sit on my right so it means I'm feeding you with my right hand and trying to eat myself with my left...I'm not sure if you just think I'm more effienct? You're being lazy? But you sit, hand me the spoon, point and your food and say, "Help!" And, well, I like to see you eating so I help...

Brown Chase (by MommyKahdib)

You're growing...maybe from all the eating? You're finally over 30 inches and weight about 23lbs...I think at this age Emmie was taller, she was only 24lbs. at 2. The geneticist this month says that she thinks, gasp, that you might be normal. I tried not to laugh when she said it because she has put you through so many tests looking for something and she keeps coming up dry....but the good news is your bone age is really behind which means you still have a lot of time left to catch up.

Chase Face (by MommyKahdib)

Oh, also? You pretty much hate having your picture taken right now...I don't remember this phase with Emmie. I hope it's a phase...I mean, c'mon, mister, your parents are photographers, you better like that camera. You hit the camera, yell NO at it, and hide your face a lot....sometimes you'll smile for me and then realize that you forgot you hate it and run away...oh well, take it from me, you're adorable! You love saying "Hi-s and bye's with a little coy wave lately and your voice is so darn cute!

Chase Hat (by MommyKahdib)

I love you!
Momma

No comments: