Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dear Emerson (41 months),
Wednesday, November 11, 2009

__________________________________________

Hi My Little Helper!

This month I have met a new Emmie. She is independent. She is helpful. She wants to put her own clothes on. She wants to take her own clothes off. She wants me to teach her how to do the button on her jeans instead of just letting me do it on her own. She wants to peel the onions while I cook and the garlic too. She wants to mix the dry ingredients with the wet to make banana crumb muffins and she wants to like the "pattern" (batter) and share it with her brother. It feels like a little switch has gone off where you just want to do and be on your own terms. You can reach the light switches, you can wipe your own bum (sorry, but it's true!), you are just so efficient.

Happy (by MKD Photography)


You've also spent the last month sick...you poor thing. First it was a bad cold that lasted about a week and a half, then you got better for about 5 days, and now we're at about a week and a half of this illness..which I think is the flu. Poor kid. You've missed a bunch of school, we've been housebound together, we've watched far too much TV, eaten way too many popsicles for breakfast, and stayed in our PJs most days. I'm ready to be done with all of this illness stuff...

Tall Grass (by MKD Photography)

You are forging a new relationship with your brother as well. You help him with things...like climbing up onto the brown chair. Then you count....1.2.3...and then you jump while holding his hand and pull him crashing down with you. You intentions are good as gold, you understanding that he doesn't know how to jump and that this dragging might hurt? Needs some work. I find myself saying, "He moves his own body," all.day.long. Most times you comply, others you just can't resist picking him up by the head and dragging him where you want him. You do listen to him....because sometimes I'll tell you that he moves his own body only to hear a fit of cute Chasey giggles...to which you will tell me, "But, MOM, he LIKES it!" You've been teaching him ring-a-round-the-rosie and other such fun little song/games and will say to me, "It's FUN having a baby brother." Yesterday you sat him down on the dress up box and got a paint brush....you told him to sit very still because you were going to paint his face. You told him to shut his eyes (he did!!!) and you proceeded to paint an imaginary leopard on his face. He had a blast. Today you painted my toes...and while I admit you're not ready to work at a spa for the most part you got all of the paint just on the nail....you also painted your brothers nails, for real, because, well, he begged.

Rocks (by MKD Photography)


You had a blast on Halloween....you actually rang the bells this year and talked to the people that answered the door. It was a nice change from the last two years. You were interested in your candy but know that it is not really good for you and you "listen" to your belly when it says it is full...I was impressed! You have pretty strong opinions when you have them and will often whine, shout, cry but will always rephrase (even if it is with a sad pouty lip) when I ask you to say something a different way. You'll get there!

SittingGrass (by MKD Photography)


I love you baby girl, keep smiling!!
Mama

SittingRocks (by MKD Photography)

1 comment:

Ashley (almost) Pizzuti said...

You seriously make some cute babies...err.. I mean big girls :)