Thursday, June 03, 2010

Dear Emmie (47 months),
Thursday, June 03, 2010

_____________________

Dear Beautiful Princess of Bubbles and all things Magical,

Gosh do I love you! So often during the day you'll look at me and say, "Mama, Mama," and I'll say, "What," and you'll say, "I love you, you know." I don't know if this is a cover-up for forgetting what you were going to say, or you just wanted to talk to hear yourself talk, but it warms my heart every.single.time. We've been going on a lot of adventures lately and you take them all in stride. You're excited to see new places and new things and because of that we're now members at Walden Pond (and the other MA state parks), Drumlin Farm (and other Audobon spots in MA), the Acton Discovery Museum (and Boston/Providence/Manchester on the same pass) and we've been visiting a lot of different fun parks and playgrounds and lakes...nice to see the world with you and Chase.

dancing (by MommyKahdib)


You're still that laid back easy going person that you were when you were a baby...sometimes, now, you're mad or whiny or anxious about something or other...but for the most part that laid back personality is what is coming through. You're funny and witty and say things that make me laugh daily, actually more like hourly. You like to do silly things to make your brother laugh and you're always willing to help cheer him up or make his life a little easier. When he gets his shots you're right there willing to hold his hand or trying to sing him a song to make him feel better...and then he starts to cry and you sometimes run to his side and other times run to your room to escape having to watch him hurting.

bellies (by MommyKahdib)

You love love love reading chapter books. It started with Junie B. Jones...and then after that we've been exploring the world of Romona the Pest, the BFG, Muggie Maggie...and we went to the library the other day full of big, colorful storybooks and you happened to walk past a shelf with some chapter books on it and you were amazed and oh so excited...you said, "MOM!!!! They have CHAPTER books here!!!" I asked if you wanted to get picture books or chapter books and without a moments hesitation you picked chapter books...I'm so excited to share all of my favorites books with you from growing up and to learn and discover what books excite you! I'm excited to read Charlotte's Web with you, and The Hobbit, Harry Potter, The Box Car Children, more Roald Dalh, more Junie B. Jones...and there are others that I'm not too excited to reread but for you...I'm sure watching you get excited about them will make it all the more interesting!

poser (by MommyKahdib)

You're often asking me to watch this, or answer this...and sometimes I'm in my own world thinking about my own things and I'll say crazy things to you...like in a store we were walking around and I was trying to think of everything that we needed to get. I was looking around and you were asking me if we could just take the toy you were holding, if we didn't need to buy it, absently I said, "Uh-huh," and you got all flustered and said, "MOM!! You just told me I could STEAL this toy!! You need to pay more attention to me..." Ooops! Just now you asked me to watch you jump off the couch and I said, "Uh-huh," and you said, "Did you see me, MOM?" and I said, "What, oh, yup," and you put your hands on your hips and said, "HOW COULD YOU SEE ME IF YOU WEREN'T EVEN LOOKING!" LOL...you're on to me, kid. Glad I have you to keep me in line.

happy emmie (by MommyKahdib)

You still love having your picture taken, you still love dancing, drawing, eating new and different foods...talking to anyone and everyone, reading reading reading, playing with your toys by yourself is happening more and more. I can be busy editing on the computer and you'll be off playing with your doll house or the playmobile toys talking away to them...sometimes your playmobile people are saying, "MAMA, MAMA, MAMA," and I'll respond and you laugh at me that I'm talking to your people...

Grump (by MommyKahdib)

You're excited to someday have another baby brother or sister, and a puppy, and a kitten, and some fish...big plans for a little girl. You're so excited about your birthday this year and you're SO SO mad at me that I won't tell you what your present is...you still have your big plans for when you're 4....you'll have sleep overs, mommy won't lay next to you when you fall asleep at night and scratch your back, you'll know how to read...big big plans. I'm proud of how well you do at the doctor's now...you used cry when we walked into the office, now you don't even cry at all. You handled eye drops and ear drops this month...and we had a long period of time where sadly you couldn't hear a thing anyone was saying and it was so sad to see you turn into this quiet little person staring into space and without many smiles...I think it is a lonely world when you can't hear what others are saying and I'm so glad that you are back to mostly hearing for now. We also found out, as you can see, that you have some pretty intense reactions to the mosquitos this year...and why? Well you say, "Because I'm sweet meat!!!"

bites (by MommyKahdib)

point and shoot (by  MommyKahdib)

I love you tons, I can't wait to see what your 4th year brings us!!!
Mama

together (by MommyKahdib)

No comments: