Sunday, May 02, 2010

Don't miss Chase's new entry down below!!

Dear Emmie (46 months),

Sunday, May 02, 20


______________________
Hi again, Em-ster!

Here is mommy, late again with your letter!! Just remember better late than never is totally true...and I have a pretty good memory of what happened when so hopefully most of what belongs in the right months makes it in!

happy (by MommyKahdib)

Where to begin, my little chicken. You are adorable, but also so very 3.5. I read somewhere that the second half of the age is usually a bit harder than the first half and we are definitely finding that very true. You love to whine. And you love to complain. And you love to demand. Mostly when tired. Or hungry. Or bored. But the other 90% of the time you are still my sweet sweet girl who comes up with adorable things to say and always gives hugs when they are most needed. Sometimes mommy gets pretty frustrated and will yell...and then apologize when she's calmed down...and you are so quick to give me a hug and say, "Oh, mom, I'm sorry I yelled too, and I forgive you." Often you'll do something not so nice and instead of saying, "Sorry, mom," you'll say, "I forgive you." LOL. I know what you mean, and that's what counts...but it's pretty funny!

dandelion (by MommyKahdib)

You love to be outside. You're not too fond of bugs, but you're getting there. There was a time when you would freak out if a hair got on you and know you'll calmly say, "A hair," and pull the offending hair off of you...I figure we'll get to that point with bugs too. You're just venturing into the land of wanting to touch them, or hold them, or talk to them...this is where you once were when you were little...and then we have a middle period where you would FLIP THE HECK OUT if one got on you...and now we're finding that calm again. You held an inch worm the other day and couldn't stop talking about it. You would rather their not be ants in the world but you're not too freaked out by them and will ask if they are the red kind that bite or just the black ones. You loudly announced the other day that there was a HUGE spider on the wall and daddy came and took care of him...and then you kept retelling the story of his body crunching...yuck. Maybe we should have just brought him outside where the bugs live instead of squishing him. You announce that the bees are just gathering pollen but then you steer clear....

watering (by MommyKahdib)

You love preschool although you still have some trouble with the transition after vacations and sometimes after a long weekend. You don't really want me to leave you there, but once I do you are fine and always wish for more time when I pick you up. You have great stories to tell about your teachers, your friends, the things that you do there like movement class, and music and show and tell and crafts and planting seedlings.

hose (by MommyKahdib)

You love going different places and usually wake up and the first thing you ask is, "Where are we going today?" We recently rejoined our membership for the Discovery Museum in Acton and you and Chase love it there...the cool thing is that now the pass allows us to also go to the one in Boston and Providence. We went down to check out the Providence one on a day that we visited your friend Noah and had a fun research appointment for you to play at Brown and be observed. You had fun at Brown playing games with the infant and child research lab and wanted to go back for more! We've been going since you were a newborn and they always seem to have something new and fun to do! We also got a membership to Drumlin farm and another to Walden Pond which allows us to go to the other parks in Massachusetts. I think we're going to have a pretty awesome summer doing lots of fun stuff! You and Chase could play in the sand for hours together so I'm sure we'll be beaching it a lot, too!

hugs (by MommyKahdib)

You really love life. The other morning I woke up to you snuggled up close to me...you were tracing lines oh so gently on my face. Over my eyebrows, down my nose, across my lips and so so gently on my eyelashes. I didn't want to open my eyes for fear that you would stop. You ended it with a quick little kiss on my nose and said, "Mommy, wake up!" I welcome those morning as opposed to the ones where you want me to go pee with you and get you a snack at some ungodly hour.

leap (by MommyKahdib)

You're getting so good at your tricycle and no longer need a boost up the hills in the driveway to get to the mailbox...sometimes you'll ask for motor power which is when Chase gives you a push the whole way there...but the point is you can do it on your own. You're excited for your birthday and you have so many big plans for when you are 4. I don't think you know that four will feel really similar to three...that you're not going to sprout a few inches overnight and find some sleepover confidence and go to bed on your own without me laying next to you...but that's ok...we'll get there in time! I see you growing and learning and being able to handle so much more each and everyday. You always amaze me with what is going on in that head of yours! I can't believe you are almost 4!!!

I love you big girl!
Mommy

No comments: