Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dear Emerson (39 months),
Tuesday, September 22, 2009

______________________________________________

(Don't forget to look at Chase's in the last post!)

Hi Little Miss Pre-School!

Say what? My BABY GIRL is a big pre-schooler? I'm still having a hard time comprehending that. Really. It was just yesterday that I was bringing home my little squish ball...and now I'm dropping you off at school two days a week. And you know what you have to say about it? "Mom, it's SUPER awesome!!!" Thankfully you don't keep anything to yourself and I hear all of the details...what book you read, who you sat with, what you had for snack, the songs you sang, who brought you to the potty, how you talked to your friends in a kind voice, what toys you played with....and always that even though you had fun you missed me :) Melt my heart. The first day you woke up crying and said, "Mama, I don't want to go to pre-school, you're my favorite person!" Double melt with gooey cheese on top. I give you a kiss, though, to take with you and you give me one as well and it's only a few short hours...you leave after breakfast and you're home for lunch...and it's fun!

Pirate Playground (by MommyKahdib)


You also starred in your Auntie Jenny's wedding this month as the flower girl! You had SO.MUCH.FUN! You danced, you giggled, you talked about them "falling in love" during the mass and wondered if I could show you the exact moment that it happened...."Now, Mama? Now are they in love? Did they fall in love right now?" You have now been going around falling on the ground and saying..."Oops...I fell....IN LOVE, BWAHAHAHAH!" You plan your marriages with me, with Daddy, with Chasey, with Noah...along the same line of thinking you also ask me to put my ear on your belly to feel "the baby" kick....and you tell me that I'm going to have a baby "anyday" and that she will be a girl, so that you have a sister...or maybe two...a girl AND a boy....but that we would need a bigger car....but you would gladly sit between the babies.

Auntie Jenny's Wedding (by MommyKahdib)

You also talk a lot about when you were in my tummy....you want to know if you wiggled and danced...and what song did you dance to....and was I a teacher when you were in my belly...and at three years old, my friend, you asked me where babies come from. You had seen my scar from Chase and you were wondering why I didn't say it was from Emmie AND Chase...and I told you where you came from and you giggled and giggled...and then wanted to know if you were really a poop and not a person. Oh the mind of a three year old. You also enjoyed visiting P-Town last week on our family vacation to Cape Cod and proclaimed while sitting on the potty, "I'm POOPING in P-TOWN!" Public restrooms are an embarrassing place to be with you lately!

Friend Funnies (by MommyKahdib)

Speaking of the Cape you LOVED it. You loved that your very best buddy Noah was there for half of the time, you loved that you got to see Christina for a couple days (although you didn't understand how she could sleep through a CANDY STORE!!!) and you really liked seeing Mike Shea and calling him by his full name every time you wanted to tell him something. You loved sharing a room with your brother and for some reason you did a lot of catching up on sleep....although one morning you cried from your bed because you were stuck in your sleeping bag and couldn't find a way out!

Misc Emmie (by MommyKahdib)

For the most part you're caring and considerate and oh so helpful...and the other part, well, the other part is only three :) You love to snuggle and give hugs and have pretend animals walk on your back as you are falling asleep...we also found out this month that you LOVE rides. We spent a long weekend in NH at Storyland and you went on all of the rides in the park. The Polar Coaster was your favorite, but you also loved the spinning turtles, the flying fish, the tractors, the tea cups, the ferris wheel, the carousel...you had your face painted for the first time as a gorgeous little Butterfly (the name of your class at preschool so a new obsession) and your nails and toes done for the first time before the wedding. It was a month full of many firsts and you handled them all with wonder, amazement, excitement and most importantly a HUGE smile on your face and a spirit so open to everything that I think I will be forever amazed at all that you can handle!

P-Town (by MommyKahdib)


I love you even when I'm not with you...and I'll always come back for you my little chicken!

Love,
Mama

P-Town Sunset (by MommyKahdib)

Duv-1033 (by MommyKahdib)

1 comment:

Ms. Jackson said...

omg this girl is so smart and so cute!!! I love the pictures of her and Noah.