Monday, October 19, 2009

Dear Emerson (40 months),Monday, October 19, 2009

______________________________________________

Hi Miss Emerson Grace!

This month has been a bit crazy...well...whiny really. I think you totally fooled me with your super easy preschool transition. About two weeks ago we had a day where you just didn't want me to leave. You kind of velcro babied onto me and kept crying that you didn't want me to leave and your teacher looked at me and said, "It will be better if you just go." You cried, but I knew that you would calm down without me in the room...I waited in the library for someone to come and tell me that you were ok and they came...you were. But I went home and cried, and wondered why I was sending you, and if you really needed to go....and then when I picked you up you told me that you had a lot of fun but that you did miss me. I get that. It's new. You wonder how long you will have to go to school. I get that. So we started a new post-preschool tradition of special Emmie and Mommy time. We play "Dairy Queen" and you serve some stuffed animals big ice creams...I am the voice of the animals. Then we usually paint or color together for a while, and have a little dance party while Chase is sleeping. You've been to school 3 times since that sad time and have done better each time. We read a story called "The Kissing Hand" and I send you to school with my kisses in your hands and you send me home with them in my hands....we'll get there!

October-1

We also had your "special day" at school where I got to go in an be the helper for the day. It was fun! You loved it and I got to see where you spend 5 hours a week. You definitely listen to what your teachers are telling you and you pay very close attention to what the other kids are doing. You're an observer, but you also participate. It's neat to see you at work painting or playing at the pattern table or singing and dancing along at circle time. I know you love it there because when we're at home you pretend play preschool and sing all the songs and talk about your friends. Sadly you missed picture day last week because you were sick :( I wish you were there so we could have the class picture....maybe I'll get one and photoshop you in :)

October-2

You are playing a bit more with your brother this month...the other day you said to him, "I'm going to Chase you, Chasey, RUN!" And he just smiled at you so instead you ran to the sliding door and back to him and then to the door again and he thought that was hilarious! Just this morning you two sat next to each other reading books. Sometimes you would tell him about the pages in his book, other times you were engrossed in your own book....it was sweet. You also played a funny game in the tub last night where he would pour water on you and you would laugh and laugh. It was pretty cute! Sometimes you think that because he is looking in your direction he wants to take what you have....we're working on understanding that just because he looks at you doesn't mean he wants your toy. Slowly you're getting it....we're also working on what to do if he DOES want your toy. On a good day you will say to him, "I'm playing with this, Chase, why don't you play with this," as you hand him a toy....and on a bad day, or more like at the end of the day, you'll scream, "NO CHASE, IT'S MY TURN, GO AWAY!!!!" Siblings.

October-3

This month you met your new baby cousin when she was less than a day old. You were thrilled. You talk about when she gets bigger and has long hair and when she gets bigger so that you can play and when she gets bigger and starts to talk....it also made you desperately want a baby sister. I told you that we don't know when we have a baby if it will be a girl or a boy and you decided one of each was fine with you...eep! You also told me they were coming very very soon and I reminded you that first mommy needs a BIG belly. You're also famous....well not really....but you're HUGE and hanging in a mall in NH and another one in Braintree....baby Emmie at 18 feet tall makes me giggle!

October-4

Ok, you're complaining that you want me to play with you even though you're supposed to be having some quiet down time while Chase sleeps...I don't want to give in, but I also can't concentrate when you're whiny....lately you just say, "HOLD me, Mama, JUST hold me...." and I guess I should while you're still little enough to want me to.

October-5

Love you tons my little pumpkin who can't decide if she is going to be a mermaid or a unicorn for Halloween! Keep on smiling! Remember I'll always, always, always, come back for you! Remember, it's ok to sleep through the night again, I'll be in my bed in the morning when you wake up no need to scream for me in the night, really!!

Love,
Mama

No comments: